Przypomnij je

Autor

Wiadomo

lovez8  

Hiper wymiatacz

obserwatorka.

Doczya: 17 Kwi 2009

Wysany: 2011-06-20, 17:20   Books

I would like to talk in English a little bit, but nothing is goin' on there.. So: I wonder if any of u read books in English? I mean books originally written in eng, not some fairy tales or short versions, and if u find them easy to understand.

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde

destrukcyjna  

Pogromca postów

Doczya: 04 Maj 2009

Skd: Berlin.

Wysany: 2011-06-20, 17:56   

I love reading them in original version. It's much better than our polish translations and it's cheaper than polish books. And much of them are pretty easy to understand.

Norbs93  

Pogromca postów

the boy next door

Imię: Norbu$

Doczy: 10 Cze 2009

Wysany: 2011-06-20, 18:25   

I read a book in English once,but it was too difficult for me.

lovez8  

Hiper wymiatacz

obserwatorka.

Wysany: 2011-06-20, 18:53   

destrukcyjna, what books have u read? I thought of reading a bit of Pratchett, but his humor might be a little hard to understand for someone not knowing much of english idioms etc.

I recently tried to read Dracula, the original version, but the language is really old-fashioned sometimes.

matiz55  

Hiper wymiatacz

Doczy: 12 Lip 2010

Wysany: 2011-06-20, 19:23   

Long time ago i tried read one of harry potter books, but it was to difficult.

destrukcyjna  

Pogromca postów

Doczya: 04 Maj 2009

Skd: Berlin.

Wysany: 2011-06-20, 19:26   

I buy english books in 'second-hand' stores. It's pretty cheap there. I have Harlan Coben's book, Josephine Fox's, Nicholas Evans' and a few other less popular writers'.

Dagha  

Stały User

Yeaa .

Imię: Daga .

Doczya: 27 Mar 2011

Wysany: 2011-06-20, 20:26   

English books are very interesting, I recommend!

lovez8  

Hiper wymiatacz

obserwatorka.

Wysany: 2011-06-20, 20:55   

Dagha, I meant reading books in English - not english books in general. As for them, I agree that many English writers are great and lots of them are my favourite.

sheilven  

Pogromca postów

Doczya: 05 Gru 2008

Skd: Kraków

Wysany: 2011-06-20, 21:24   

lovez8 napisa/a:

I thought of reading a bit of Pratchett, but his humor might be a little hard to understand for someone not knowing much of english idioms etc.

i tried but it was too hard to understand for me. but my boyfriend is better than me in English and he tried too and he was reading it so long, that i think it is really hard not only for me.

I was reading some stupid brother's book. Easy to understand but still stupid.

lovez8  

Hiper wymiatacz

obserwatorka.

Wysany: 2011-06-20, 21:47   

sheilven napisa/a:

i tried but it was too hard to understand for me. but my boyfriend is better than me in English and he tried too and he was reading it so long, that i think it is really hard not only for me.

That's what I supposed. But it's so awesome in polish, I just wonder how good it must be in original version. One day for sure I'll try.

Szej-Hulud  

Pogromca postów

Éminence grise

Imię: Łukasz

Doczy: 07 Sty 2010

Wysany: 2011-06-22, 18:55   

About one year ago I had been trying to read "Dune: House Atreides", however I had surrendered before finishing the first chapter.
"Polskie życie polityczne nie może być dżunglą afrykańską, w której buszuje kilkunastu hultai klasowych. Wasz faszyzm albo zginie w Polsce, rozbije głowę o demokrację, albo Polska zapłonie wojną domową." - Ignacy Daszyński

janko  

Hiper wymiatacz

Imię: janek

Doczy: 09 Sty 2011

Skd: warszawa

Wysany: 2011-06-25, 16:25   

Best books to start with are those ones, which trate about some general subject. Thrillers or criminal novels are great for starters. I've been reading some books of Coben and Griffin, and although I understood most of them, without a good dictionary it's kind of pain in the ass ;)

Cocodrilla

User

Doczy: 29 Cze 2011

Wysany: 2011-06-29, 13:54   

Well, I was tried write original version of Harry Potter. It didn't work.
Unfortunately I'm not very gut in english.

Norbs93  

Pogromca postów

the boy next door

Imię: Norbu$

Doczy: 10 Cze 2009

Wysany: 2011-06-29, 14:03   

Cocodrilla napisa/a:

Unfortunately I'm not very gut in english.

You mixed English with Deutsch. :-P

Szej-Hulud  

Pogromca postów

Éminence grise

Imię: Łukasz

Doczy: 07 Sty 2010

Wysany: 2011-06-29, 17:17   

Okay, today I have bought Sourcery and I hope that I will be able to understand it. I'm gonna read it during my travel to Italy and, as I am travelling by bus, I'm gonna have a lot of time to spend on reading.
"Polskie życie polityczne nie może być dżunglą afrykańską, w której buszuje kilkunastu hultai klasowych. Wasz faszyzm albo zginie w Polsce, rozbije głowę o demokrację, albo Polska zapłonie wojną domową." - Ignacy Daszyński

Forum modzieowe e-Mlodzi.com