Autor

Wiadomo¶æ

wegrrrry  

Mega wymiatacz

paranoid

ImiÄ™: Diana

Do³±czy³a: 07 Pa¼ 2011

Wys³any: 2011-12-23, 15:07   Films

It's soo quiet here, so I decided to wake you up!
Have you guys watched anything in English? Was it hard, or not? Did you like it, can you recommend it to us?:)
Films, series, something on TV, whatever.

lovez8  

Hiper wymiatacz

obserwatorka.

Do³±czy³a: 17 Kwi 2009

Wys³any: 2011-12-25, 13:13   

Just a bit of Monthy Python and few series on YT. I didn't really understand every word, but it wasn't a big deal to guess from the context. I can recommend especially Spanish Inqusition - the torture scene and the one in the court are awesome, and you can easilly find it on the net.

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde

QukuÅ‚ka  

Pogromca postów

'taka katarynka'

Do³±czy³a: 21 Mar 2010

Sk±d: Warszawa

Wys³any: 2011-12-25, 13:20   

I'm wathing anime with english subtitles, if there is no Polish translations.

lovez8 napisa³/a:

I didn't really understand every word, but it wasn't a big deal to guess from the context.

Same.

Norbs93  

Pogromca postów

the boy next door

ImiÄ™: Norbu$

Do³±czy³: 10 Cze 2009

Wys³any: 2011-12-25, 18:36   

generally i watch movies with polish subtitles,but once i tried to find 'survivor' and only found orginal version.it was so annoying and i stopped to watch it.

michauu

Stały User

d-_-b

Imię: Michał

Do³±czy³: 26 Gru 2011

Sk±d: co ze wsi?!

Wys³any: 2011-12-27, 12:23   

I watched only one film in English. It was on English lesson, teacher brought Woody Allen's film titled "vicky cristina Barcelona". Generally we watched only half the movie, because we haven't got more time. I prefer to watch films with subtitles or polish lector on the oder hand watching films in original version training your language.

Dexter16  

User

Do³±czy³: 07 Lut 2011

Wys³any: 2011-12-31, 00:34   

I have only watched a few episodes of "Friends", on English classes. Also, somethimes, same like Qukułka, I watch anime with english subtitles. It wasn't very hard, but, I don't know why, all pleasure of watching a film dissapears. Maybe I'm concetrating too much about translating dialogues, and I can't focus on the meaning of it. But everything is possible, I think, that if I watched films in English regularly and for a long time, I would learn to watch it as comfortable as polish ones :)

Capolous  

Mega wymiatacz

Do³±czy³: 01 Lis 2010

Sk±d: Warszawa

Wys³any: 2012-03-10, 20:15   

I watch a lot of movies in english. At the beginning it was quite hard but the more I watch them the easier it is. I started with Harry Potter than I tried Grey's anatomy and a part of medical words I understand everything.

Nathalie1996  

User

ImiÄ™: Natalia

Do³±czy³a: 08 Kwi 2012

Sk±d: NY :D

Wys³any: 2012-04-08, 20:48   

I watched one film in English. First, it was quite hard to understand the text so I downloaded the subtitles for sure ^^ It wasn't so bad, but I was afraid that I can't understand that ; )

Avenix  

User

Szkoda

ImiÄ™: To forum jest smutne

Do³±czy³: 31 Mar 2012

Wys³any: 2012-06-25, 19:25   

wegrrrry napisa³/a:

Have you guys watched anything in English? Was it hard, or not? Did you like it, can you recommend it to us?:)

You know... I was trying to watch some movies in english but it's still too hard for me but I love watching movies with polish subtitles and checking if I understand everything properly and.. when I see the subtitles, the dialogues in english become easier to understand, that's weird but it is XD
If you watch a movie in english, it doesn't matter if you know loads of words or just a little bit, because the biggest problem is... an accent. Sometimes I know the word in english but I didn't understand because of the stress. I hate it and this is my biggest problem when I watch movies in english.

If you understand "movie's english" that's fantastic to watch without polish subtitles but if you don't, that's ok to try to watch in english leaning on polish translation.

zdechla_cma

User

Do³±czy³: 05 Sie 2012

Sk±d: mam wzi±æ bazukê?

Wys³any: 2012-08-05, 21:47   

I watch a lot of movies in English. I've no problems with the American ones, but British accent is sometimes hard to decipher...

Also, I watch most TV series without subtitles.

PanTotenowy  

Mega wymiatacz

Mr. Sinister

Do³±czy³: 01 Sie 2012

Wys³any: 2012-08-07, 10:23   

well..I watched some TV shows in english because there were no polish subtitles available and I couldn't understand much, because they were talking too fast and had some different accents.

Robaksabina  

Stały User

Zakręcona;)

ImiÄ™: Sabina

Do³±czy³a: 09 Pa¼ 2011

Wys³any: 2013-02-19, 15:48   

Films in English version are ahrd to watching because we don't know English's slungs and accents . I prefer watching films with Polish subtitles because I learning then . :>

placek

Wymiatacz

Do³±czy³: 19 Gru 2012

Wys³any: 2013-03-29, 14:46   

I like watching film in English and with English subtitles. This way I learn a lot and if I don't know a word, I can look it up in a dictionary :)

Vladim

Wymiatacz

Do³±czy³: 15 Gru 2012

Wys³any: 2013-03-31, 22:02   

Robaksabina napisa³/a:

Films in English version are ahrd to watching because we don't know English's slungs and accents . I prefer watching films with Polish subtitles because I learning then . :>

Exactly! I once watched film in English version and I must admit that very hard because I'm not good in English and as Robaksabina spoke that English accent are hard, so I watching films with Polish subtitles or Polish lector. Maybe I could understand films in American English

bearbee  

User

SpartanAngel

Do³±czy³a: 10 Wrz 2013

Wys³any: 2013-09-10, 23:30   

After a while you can get use to movies in english. As long as you know basics you should be okay with understanding. Most of american movies are very easy to understand, but the english movies not so easy as there is loads of slangs and different accents. In Poland they teach us american english, not british english. Anyways, somehow i prefer to watch movies in english without any subs, it's just easier for me... With subs I am always getting confused and miss most of the movie cause I need to read these stupid subs... ; (

Forum m³odzie¿owe e-Mlodzi.com